Steph's Suitcase

What's going on in Steph's life and her random musings... for anyone who gives a monkey.

Sunday, April 06, 2003

Ok, the WEIRDEST thing just happened to me. Most of you know how I believe in fate, right? Like, I believe in it like crazy and I have proof.

Ok, so today I installed Direct Connect for the 3rd time. The previous times I decided I didn't need more songs so I uninstalled it before even downloading anything. This third time I decided that there were some things I wanted badly and since I had time, I might as well download. So anyway, you have to choose a hub to download from and there are hundreds to choose from. I chose the first one I saw. In that particular hub there were 900 users. So anyway, I'm going through my list when someone starts talking to me with the direct connect chat. I was a little annoyed because I don't normally chat to people but I talked to the person anyway. I was downloading from him so he was commenting on the band I was downloading, Plain White T's (Melissa had told me to get a song). We were talking about that for a bit and he asked me if I was male or female, typical questions. Then he asked me where I was from and I told him Illinois but that I'm in Michigan right now for college. He told me he has a friend from Elgin who's going to Michigan Tech. I was surprised since that's quite a coincidence. I said I was from Hanover Park, and he said that until 2 years ago he lived there too! It turns out he lived like 2 streets away from me, at the corner of County Farm and Schick. That's coincidence number 2. I then asked who he knew at Michigan Tech and get this: he said Neal Anderson! I was like, holy crap! I told him that I'm dating Neal and he was astounded at all the coincidences. Out of all 900 users, I was the 1st one he talked to (and this is the first day he's used direct connect, too!) and he happened to pick the same hub as me. I happened to decided today I was going to download. Isn't this ODD? His name is Rob Hess, and we both went to Elgin. I swear, this had me shaking from the creepiness of it all. We talked for about 2 hours or so, and we have a lot in common. It was so weird, because then he asked me if I knew this other guy that Neal talks about, Streeter. I still can't get over how much of a coincidence this is.

Song of the day ~ What If by the Plain White T's

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home