Steph's Suitcase

What's going on in Steph's life and her random musings... for anyone who gives a monkey.

Sunday, June 30, 2002

Ok, so I'm back from the dinner with Neal and his parents. I wasn't as nervous as I thought I'd be, but I was still scared. I made it through the night. Neal called me around 2 to tell me the details. Originally we were going to do something beforehand (see Minority Report) but there wasn't a good time. His parents picked me up at 6 and we arrived there around 6:30. While I was waiting for them to come by mom kept bugging me about my clothes (I was wearing a sparkly tank and shorts) and she made me change into a skirt, so I wore my jean one so it wasn't too dressy. Of course Neal and his dad were casual, while his mom was a dressy casual, so I felt a little out of place. On the way there his mom kept asking me questions and I was surprised at how much they knew about me. She asked me if I was still going to apply to Michigan Tech, and we talked about computer engineering and music and college in general. His dad asked me about composing. We talked about my Europe trip and all that I plan on doing. They asked me about my sisters. They asked me if I liked bike riding, which was out of the blue. We talked about my crap computer and our horrible lawnmower problems. Now I know what kind of odd things his parents knew about me. I didn't tell them that I already applied to Michigan Tech because I didn't want them to think I was following Neal. I felt bad refraining from mentioning though, and you guys know how honest I am. There was a long wait so Neal and I talked away from his parents where it was less nervewracking since we were both nervous. He actually remembered one of his dreams!! I was so proud of him because he claims he doesn't dream. Dinner was weird because I was so nervous I couldn't sit still. My foot kept moving. Neal's dad is very quiet, so I didn't quite catch what he was saying sometimes, and when the rice came he asked if I wanted any and I said yes, but I was quiet I guess because he didn't hear me and gave it to Neal. Then I took some after the 3 of them did and he was confused and I felt stupid. His dad's not as bushy as my first impression saw him as. I ended up sitting next to Neal and across from his parents so it was easier for them to talk to me. I hope I made a good impression. My fortune: Now is a good time to make new friends. Makes sense with college coming. Afterwards they asked if we wanted ice cream or anything, and neither of us did. Then they asked if we wanted to do anything more and since both of us are terribly indecisive, we didn't. On the way to my house we passed my church and I pointed it out to Neal.

Neal doesn't know yet what his parents think of me. I've just told him about how I applied to Michigan Tech this year. He took it well, but it seemed like he was a bit shocked and wanted to make sure he heard right. I don't know what I'm going to do if I get in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home