Steph's Suitcase

What's going on in Steph's life and her random musings... for anyone who gives a monkey.

Thursday, June 06, 2002

Poem #5
A Moment of Doubt
You and I part company for the night.
Driving home I’m happy just thinking about you.
The moment fades away…
Like a whisper on the wind.
Morning comes; the night was tough.
I spent it all with you,
Replaying every moment.
In the shower it hits me,
Disbelief surrounding me
In a thick haze.
Although my eyes and ears know it happened
My brain is not in the game.
“There’s something wrong with yesterday,” it whispers.
“You couldn’t have been the one he was with.”
I give in, succumbing to the inevitable.
Self-doubt.
The fog clears and I wonder
Why is the truth so hard to believe?
Why is my brain refusing to do its job?
The answer eludes me
Until the next night spent together.

I think I figured out what Jessa feels, because I feel it too. I have this intense feeling of uncomprehension (is that a word?) that I can't get rid of, even though I know it's not validated. I know the truth, but I just can't believe it. This poem was inspired from yesterday and the resultant feelings of today. I met Neo's parents... I wasn't expecting to, so it was weird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home