Steph's Suitcase

What's going on in Steph's life and her random musings... for anyone who gives a monkey.

Saturday, August 09, 2003

grieg's my hero

You know, Grieg's the kind of composer who's really good at moods. He has some really awesome piano pieces that are hard to play, but are still absolutely amazing. He LOVES octaves. He plays around with loud and soft and REALLY loud and REALLY soft. He's a master. If you ever listen to a song by Grieg, skip In The Hall of the Mountain King. It's too famous. Go for Piano Concerto in A Minor. I played an abridged version for my recital a few years ago. My abridged version was about 7 pages long. The real thing is over 20. I have the whole copy, but have yet tried to learn it all. This song plays with loud and soft wonderfully, and sweet and serious music. It's the best concerto I've ever heard. You're probably wondering why I've suddenly become so weird and commentative (is that a word?). Well, I have lots to say but the problem is how to say it. I can't without hurting some people, so I'm doing it by describing music that is my mood right now. The problem is that I have nothing to rely on except my music. My music is always going to be there. I can't even rely on a single person I know. I feel lost and absolutely terrified at the same time. Try Aase's Death. Another great Grieg. Woah, deja vu. This is familiar, but it shouldn't be. You know, lately I've been getting a lot of nightmares about drowning. I've had 3 in the past week. I also had one about ghosts and dying. It really sucks that there's nowhere to go around here when I can be alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home