Steph's Suitcase

What's going on in Steph's life and her random musings... for anyone who gives a monkey.

Saturday, August 31, 2002

Yesterday I finally solved the mathematica problems! Woo! It turns out I know my physics and was right for the last one. Yet still, my partner insists on "teaching" the principles to me when he doesn't even understand them himself. It sucks. Anyway, Mike thought he was my father and I had to explain the whole situation. Since Mike was in the lab too, I talked to him when I was done and then we went to his car and he taught me 2 songs on the bass (a 5-string) and while I wasn't any good, it was fun. Then we talked for a while, and I ended up hanging out with him for 1 1/2 hours, which is awesome. He and I talked about depression and all that, and he says his life sucks and he needs a girlfriend. While it sounds like a horrible philosophy, having someone actually does make life not suck. Neal has made my life not suck, and I love him for it. I love him for other things too, but that's one of them. Oh, and yesterday I bought a Weezer poster for $10 which is way expensive, but I just couldn't pass it up. I bought more of the flavored water I'm addicted to, and pina colada flavored chocolate. Mmmmmm. I'm getting fat here because I'm retaining water. Stupid time of the month. Hopefully you'll be gone in like 2 or 3 more days! Grrrr, it's really a damper on my fun. I'm going to a barbeque today at a beach in Hancock. I hope I have fun. Oh, and to take advantage of Neal's last few days roommate-less, I'm staying the night in his room tonight. Nothing's going to happen, of course. Especially with me being bloody and all. I have to find a way to tell Erinn...

I had a strange dream involving Ayla and Jondalar from the books my Jean M. Auel, and also involving a bookstore and Chris, and involving a Chinese store, and then later Christmas dinner (in August) at my house with Neal and family members I haven't seen in forever. Anyway, here's a quote:
"Nurse, I'm getting pregant." ~A random lady in mu dream who was using that as an excuse to leave the bookstore. Needless the say, the nurse didn't believe her because she was "getting" pregant.

Oh, and apparently there's such a thing as a grape tomato. I've had cherry tomatoes, but never a grape one. According to Alli they are just like cherry ones. And I keep forgetting to say that in every town in the UP there's an Amygaloid street, which is weird. What kind of name is that, anyway?

Song of the day ~ Just Can't Get Enough by Depeche Mode

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home