Steph's Suitcase

What's going on in Steph's life and her random musings... for anyone who gives a monkey.

Wednesday, July 16, 2003

awesome

Last night the bowling alley was packed, every lane taken except for our league's, for some busload of people. Those people took every single 11 with adult-size holes as well, and every single 12, and all the 13s except for 1. It was unbelievable!!!!! I couldn't find a ball that fit my fat thumb, so I complained to the guy selling shoes about how they need bigger fingerholes and he told me that I actually should be using no less than a 14. A 14! I've been using an 11. The reasoning is that you should go according to age. When you're 6, used a 6 lb. When you're 10, use a 10 lb, then above 14 years you should not go lower. I'm sure males shouldn't go below 16. At any rate, I was forced to use a 14 since none of the balls fit and unbelievable I could handle it! I'm very thankful I've been doing small weightlifting for my arms, because they've really gotten stronger. Just a few weeks ago the 13 was insanely heavy and now the 14 seems fine and I could almost g heavier! We've decided to get my my own ball because of my thumb, but I don't know what weight since I only just started using the 14. It enabled me to go above my average though. Neal was bowling awesome too, getting 3 strikes in a row and getting a 153 or something. All of us were above average this week and for once we're actually in 2nd place and will be again next week! It's great and I'm excited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home